Sure, many of you get excited with the coming of spring and opening day of Major League Baseball (which, by the way, has its captive in Vermont and is a valued member of VCIA!), but WE get excited here in Burlington for two reasons:
- The snow is finally melted and
- VCIA just opened registration for the best captive conference in the world!
After much planning and work by all our wonderful volunteer conference task force members and the intrepid crew here at VCIA, we have “opened the gates” for the captive industry to come to Vermont this August 9th -11th for our 31st annual conference.
Here are some GREAT reasons to come to VCIA this summer:
1. It’s a great source for captive career development and networking; earn CPE / CLE / ICCIE credit
2. Sessions with focus areas for those new to captive insurance, those involved in accounting / finance, operations, and risk management
3. More advanced sessions than ever before, and expanded educational content
4. Two great keynote speakers: Charles Davis, CEO of Stone Point, and David Pogue, founder of Yahoo! Tech
5. Engaging, fun session formats including a game show, a mock trial, a TED talk style session, panels moderated by trade journalists, interactive technology, and several sessions using case studies for illustration
6. Many captive owner panelists from some of the most prestigious organizations in the world. All the industry’s key players will be at the VCIA Conference
7. New option for a tour of Stowe for your spouse or guest
8. Risk management tour (for captive owners) of the Vermont Teddy Bear Company
9. Connect with other captive professionals and get advice from our conference ambassadors at the “Ambassador Lounge”
10. Relax, learn and have fun with industry peers!
If that’s not enough, think of all the clever puns you can make with our “Lights, Camera, Captives!” film-making theme! Registration is now open. Register now to reserve your space at this great event!!
Thank you all very much, and I always look forward to hearing from you!