VCIA Members had blast last night at ECHO Science Museum and Aquarium, right on the Lake Champlain Waterfront with views of the Adirondack Mountains! Great festive atmosphere with personal and captive catch ups interspersed. Thanks for everyone who came out!
Tag Archives: VCIA member
I hope you can all join me next Thursday for my version of the Colbert Report, when I’ll have a chance to tell VCIA Members what VCIA is doing legislatively in Vermont, DC and internationally to keep the captive industry strong and thriving. I’ll be joined by Deputy Commissioner Dave Provost and VCIA’S DC counsel, Jim McIntyre, to inform our members on what’s happening at the state, federal and international level with legislation and regulations potentially impacting captives.
We are calling it “Captive State of the Union” and it’s not too late to register to attend! The webinar will be held October 13, from 2-3 p.m. EST, and will address VCIA’s activities on your behalf, and the status of important current issues like:
- The Captive Insurers Clarification Act of 2015 (the bill to clarify The Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act (NRRA))
- The Department of the Treasury’s proposed rules to implement changes to the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program (TRIP or TRIA) required by the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2015
- R. 3794, The Nonprofit Property Protection Act which will allow nonprofit RRGs to provide property insurance to their members who are 501(c)(3) nonprofits with over $50 million in premium, in addition to the liability insurance they already provide
- FHFA’s rule to exclude captive insurers from the Federal Home Loan Bank
- Activities and updates from the NAIC
- Vermont’s captive insurance bill, H-538, which was signed into law last spring
- New leadership at the Department of Financial Regulation, as well as an update on State leadership races
Go to this link to register online, but remember, it is for VCIA Members only – membership has its privileges! We will take questions during the webinar and I will do my best to be as snarky as possible and keep to a very high level of “truthiness.” : )
Thank you all very much, and I look forward to hearing from you!