Join me on November 20th for an informative and timely update on VCIA legislative activities on behalf of our members and the industry. The session is free, for VCIA Members only, and is not to be missed!
I will be joined by David Provost, Deputy Commissioner for Captive Insurance at the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, and Jim McIntyre, VCIA’s representative in Washington DC for an overview of new and pending regulations in the state and in Washington D.C. and the NAIC. Between these two guys, they hold enough knowledge on captive insurance to fill an old UNIVAC 1107 mainframe computer (OK, admittedly an iPhone holds tons more data, but we old mainframes have to stick together)!
Learn about VCIA’s activities on your behalf, and the status of important current issues like:
- What’s happening in Washington, DC
- TRIA Reauthorization
- Cannabis Safe Harbor Act
- IRS Letters to 831(b) Captives
- Update to the Liability and Risk Retention Act (LRRA)
- Activities and updates from the NAIC, including the RRG Task Force
- Non-domiciliary state actions: Washington State, Johnson & Johnson decision
- Vermont’s captive 2019 bill and what’s ahead for Vermont’s 2020 captive bill
- DFR legislation creating an insurance “sandbox” to test innovative technology or insurance models.
- Vermont Department of Financial Regulation updates
I hope you will be able to attend this Members Only event. If you aren’t already a VCIA Member, this would be a great time to join! Click here for more information and to register.
Thank you very much, I look forward to hearing from you.